10 Nights / 11 Days
Bushward Safaris is all about adventure, great experiences and creating memories that will last forever. On the Wonders of Botswana Tour we go Bushward, leaving the noisy and busy city life behind to show you the awesome and unique African Nature.
Professional registered service providers host all activities and client safety is always the number one priority. Expect superior knowledge and professionalism from our guides; they are experienced in the Wildlife & Environmental management, Nature conservation and Tourism industries and registered with the Field Guides Association of South Africa and South African Tourism.
LET THE ADVENTURE FIND YOU!!!
During the “Wonders of Botswana” tour our aim is to let you experience the breathtaking and amazing environments that Nxai Pan National Park, Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park have to offer. Within these areas we visit Baines Baobabs, sections of the Okavango Delta and the Savuti Marsh. The areas we travel through are remote and we have to be well prepared for the adventure of a lifetime. The camps we stay in are unfenced and wildlife roam freely, many times wandering through camp – especially at night.
We meet at the Nxai Pans National Park entry gate mid-afternoon. After deflating tyres and preparing vehicles we head north along the sandy tracks towards our camp for the next 2 nights. Nxai Pans National Park was established in 1970, the pan itself is about 40km2 with surrounding grasslands, scattered Umbrella thorns and Mopane woodland. Arriving at camp late afternoon the coffee will be cooking on the fire and your tent ready to be occupied.
Today we visit the world-renowned Baines’ Baobabs. Thomas Baines discovered these Baobabs in 1862 together with John Chapman on their journey to Victoria falls. A cluster of 7 magnificent “upside down trees” on the edge of a salt pan – one can only imagine what it would have meant for a weary traveler more than 150 years ago. We spend the remainder of the day exploring the network of roads in the Nxai Pan National Park before heading back to camp.
After an early breakfast we make our way back to the main road and head west towards the bustling town of Maun – the gateway to the Okavango Delta. We spend the afternoon stocking up on supplies and refueling our vehicles for the next leg of our adventure. Our campsite is a few kilometers outside of Maun close to the Thamalakane river.
Day 4 – 7
An early start gives us the opportunity to reach our destination deep in the Moremi Game Reserve before nightfall. We make our way towards the Okavango Delta and enter via South Gate. We enjoy a picnic lunch along the way and hopefully get to see some of the magnificent wildlife the Okavango Delta has to offer.
So many routes to explore and so much to see in the Moremi Game Reserve. Numerous lagoons, islands, rivers, grassland and woodland areas hold the promise of an abundance of wildlife and birds. Together with wooden bridges we might encounter a few water crossings along the way, but your tour leader will be there to guide you through. Depending on water levels we can visit places like Dead Tree Island, Paradise Pools and Mboma Island.
We spend 4 nights in 2 camps in the Moremi Game Reserve and will enjoy a boat cruise and also a trip on Mokoros along the channels of the Okavango Delta. Mokoros were traditionally used as transportation along the channels and rivers of the Okanvango Delta made from hollowing out trees. Nowadays a lot more modern and reliably made fibre class.
Day 8 & 9
From Moremi Game Reserve we continue north-east towards Savuti and enter a landscape of vast open grass plains and small rocky outcrops. The Savuti marsh and surrounding areas are home to migrating herds of Buffalo, Elephant, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and smaller antelope species. Savuti is also known for the large groups of lions following the migratory species. We spend 2 nights at Savuti Camp and enjoy a full day exploring the marsh, rocky outcrops and surrounding areas.
Heading further north along sandy tracks we make our way towards the small village of Kachikau. Along the way we should encounter more wildlife and see the scenery changes into broadleaved woodlands. Our journey takes us through the Chobe Forest Reserve as we continue towards the Linyanti river and enjoy beautiful views of the Chobe flood plains for our last night.
Sadly, after a hearty breakfast, we have to say goodbye as we each head in our own direction. Kasane is an easy 1-hour drive away along tar road.
- A range of ±1000km worth of fuel is needed as there are no filling stations in the Moremi Game Reserve and Savuti
- ± 40L of drinking water is recommended per vehicle. There is water available in Moremi Game Reserve and Savuti but might have a brackish taste to it especially in Savuti.
- All terrain / Off-road tyres required for this tour – spare wheel as well.
- Decent quality tyre compressor required as we will be inflating and deflating a few times.
- Basic tyre repair kit and tyre pressure gauge is recommended.
- It is recommended to have a recovery kit (5m tow strap and kinetic strap/rope) and spade in your vehicle should you get stuck.
- Radiator seed net.
- PVC nose/grill cover for water crossings
- Snorkel recommended but not a must – we try to use water crossings that is not too deep.
- Before the tour please ask your vehicle workshop mechanic to check all seals and breathers on differentials, gearbox and transfer case on your vehicle.
- Camping accommodation for the entire tour in 2.5 x 2.5m dome tents.
- Entrance fees into National Parks for people and vehicles.
- All meals from dinner the first night until breakfast the last morning.
- Coffee & Tea while we are in camp.
- Boat cruise and Mokoro trip.
- Tents, cutlery and crockery.
- Professional guide.
- Vehicle and Fuel.
- Border crossing fees and road taxes.
- Own bedding (mattresses (blow-up mattress not recommended), stretcher, sleeping bags and pillows).
- Chairs, cooler box / fridge for drinks and small table.
- Drinks and in-between snacks.
- Personal out of country / medical emergency and evacuation insurance cover.
- Personal cost of any nature