(minimum of 12 clients per tour)
Wonders of the Cape Tour
10 Days / 9 Nights – 19 to 28 November 2017
Bushward Safaris is all about adventure, great experiences, and creating memories that will last forever. On this tour, our travels take us South towards the Wonders of the Cape. We come close to nature, African animals, enjoy adventure activities, take in breathtaking views and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Cape Town.
The Wonders of the Cape Tour will be running during the month of November in South Africa. This fun- and adventure filled tour has been compiled to make sure that the participants will experience and participate in activities that will bring them closer to adventure and nature. Not only will they experience great adventures but they will also gain insight and knowledge of wildlife, nature conservation and South African history.
Professional registered service providers host all activities and client safety is always the number one priority. Expect superior knowledge and professionalism from our guides; they are experienced in the Wildlife & Environmental management, Nature conservation and Tourism industries and registered with the Field Guides Association of South Africa and South African Tourism.
Day 1 & 2 – Gauteng, Colesberg, Stormsriver – (B, L, D)
We leave early from Gauteng and head south towards Colesberg where we overnight. We spend most of the days travelling and gaining insight of what lies ahead on our tour. We arrive midafternoon in Stormsriver where we get the chance to get some fresh air in the surrounding forests on Segway scooters.
Day 3 & 4 – Tsitsikamma area and attractions (B, L, D)
During our time in Tsitsikamma we will be going into the forest to see and experience forest life and visit the forest on a different level… treetop level! We spend one of our mornings doing canopy tours in small groups of 8 and visit a local beach. While we are here we go kayaking on one of the rivers and enjoy breathtaking views and scenery along the way.
Day 5 – Garden & Coastal Route (B, L, D)
We head for Cape Town along the way we enjoy breathtaking views of the Garden and Coastal routes on our way to Cape Town. We stop at a local Aloe factory shop and enjoy lunch en-route.
Day 6 to 8 – Cape Town & Attractions (B, L, D)
During our stay we visit a variety of attractions and activities, depending on weather conditions we will plan most of the activities a day or two in advance. While we are in the Mother City we plan to do the following:
- Visit the world-renowned Robben Island
- Table Mountain, Hout Bay where we enjoy a boat cruise to visit the local Seal colony, Cape point nature reserve where we visit Cape of Good Hope – the most South Westerly point in Africa.
- We explore the Hop-on-hop-off city tour by open top bus passing the city’s wonders and Signal Hill at night.
- Cape Town city walk and Bloubergstrand beach with amazing views of Table Mountain.
For the shopaholics there are a variety of shops and flea markets including V&A Waterfront and many more.
Day 9 – Cape Town to Colesberg (B, L, D)
Sadly we have to start to head back north to Gauteng. We travel through vineyards, mountains and the more arid areas in South Africa heading towards Colesberg – just over halfway from Cape Town to Pretoria.
Day 10 – Colesberg to Pretoria (B, L)
The last stretch of our wonderful tour takes us back to Gauteng. We say goodbye to new friends and relive the amazing memories made in the past 10 days.
- Times and pick-up points to be confirmed. Usually early morning.
- Times and drop-off points to be confirmed. Usually mid- to late afternoon.
- Wonders of the Cape tour cost is: R 16 350 per person
- Full payment to be made before 20 October 2017
- Payments can be done via:
- EFT (Electronic funds transfer)
- Make a payment in your local currency into a local bank account in your home country
- This is the most affordable way to pay
- Just click on the “Pay Online Now” button below and select “EFT” as payment option
- Fill in your details and the amount quoted on
- You will then receive and email with the banking details of a bank in your home country into which you will make payment
- Please email your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit or Debit Card
- Pay with your credit or debit card via our secure online payment option
- Card details remain completely secure
- Payment accepted from VISA and Mastercard
- 2.5% (R 420) will be charged when paying with credit or debit cards
- Please enter R 16 770 as the amount to be paid when paying by credit or debit card
- Just click on the “Pay Online Now” button below
(Please use YFUWCT and “YOUR NAME” as payment reference)
Please note that all bank charges and transfer fees are for the clients account. Bushward Safaris requires the full amount of R 16 350 per student. We know that some banks can’t transfer the exact amount with foreign currency transfers. Should this be the case we can make an arrangement that the outstanding balance is paid to Bushward Safaris on the day of departure in cash. Should it be the case that an amount of more than R 16 350 was paid to Bushward Safaris we will refund the student on the day of departure in cash.
Each student will receive an email indicating the amounts paid as indicated on our bank statements. For any enquiries about payments made and to be made you can contact our financial manager, Fanie, on email@example.com
- Transportation for duration of tour
- Professional registered field guide
- Fuel & Toll fees
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Entrance fees for client & vehicle at:
- Tsitsikamma Canopy tours
- Table Mountain cable car
- Cape Point Nature reserve
- Hop-on-hop-off bus – Cape Town
- Boat Cruise at Hout Bay to Seal Island
- Boat Cruise to Robben Island
- Robben Island
- Tsitsikamma kayaking
- First aid kit
- Activities as indicated on itinerary
- Tour T-shirt
- Visa costs – if applicable
- Traveling to and from Pretoria, South Africa before and after the tour
- Beverages and snacks for duration of tour (only provided during meals)
- Personal cost of any nature
Wonders of the Cape Tour Packing list:
- Comfortable clothes – it is recommended not to wear brightly coloured clothes when we are in wildlife areas and it is recommended that your shoulders are not exposed to the sun.
- Underwear and socks
- Comfortable shoes – it is recommended to wear closed shoes in the evenings
- Hiking shoes
- Warm jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm clothes – even though it is not as cold as Europe and other parts in the world it can still become quit chilly in the evenings.
- Toiletry bag
- Swim suite
- Personal medication which includes, headache tablets, pain killers, diarrhoea tables, nausea tablets.
- Mosquito and insect repellent
- Cap or hat
- Sun glasses
- Spending money
- Camera & Battery charger
- Memory card
- Spare batteries for camera
- IPod or MP3 player
- Electrical adapter – which includes adapters for two prong appliances. Our wall sockets are round, 3 prong, 15 amp units (not square as in the USA). Your plug set should contain a converter so that any equipment you bring along which usually runs on 110volts for example, can be converted to 220 – 240 Volts.
- Cell phone and charger
- Small backpack for walking that can hold a jacket, lunch pack and water bottle
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag
- Swim Suite
- Headlamp and or torch with spare batteries
- Personal medication
- Binoculars – please do not go and buy if you don’t have one
- Passport or a certifide copy of it
- Visas – if applicable
- Travel tickets – if applicable
- Copy of passport and travel documents
- Insurance papers